Fincher is one of my favourite, if not arguably by favourite director. An auteur of the current crime film genre, Fincher established himself firmly as a monumental influence in current cinema as a perfectionist with a strong understanding of how the combination of precisely controlled mise-en-scene and cinematography can be used to build an almost unbearable suspense that will see nearly all your films both a commercial and critical success.

Since I, Sophie, am obviously the most competent and justified judge of a definitive ranking of David Fincher's films, I urge you to take my words as absolute gospel and just trust me when I say this is the only list you ever need to read.

*Disclaimer* I am in no way particularly qualified to make this list, it is a completely personal and subjective list so if you disagree with me, well, then its quite lucky that I'm the only one who has a password to this blog.

Without further adieu, lets begin. 

10. Alien 3 (1992)



Whats that old saying? 

We'll stop beating this dead horse when it stops spitting out money? 

Yeah. *Cough*

9. Panic Room (2002)


Baby Kristen Stewart combined with slightly less baby Jodie Foster? Makes for one weirdly pg film.

8. Zodiac (2007)

Who's the Zodiac??? Is it maybe the most suspicious character in all of history??? Who knows, we'll just have to guess it probs.




7. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) 

I don't care how heart warming this tale was, the old man still annoyed me.



6. The Game (1997)

Clowns are fucking creepy but somehow Michael Douglas is worse???


5. Gone Girl (2014)

Good, but the book was better.




4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Essentially one of the best adaptions I've seen from the original to US.


3. The Social Network (2010)

Ahhhh-mazing. So brilliant, and fresh and witty and climatic. Wow.


2. Fight Club (1999)

Was late to my first Fight Club last night so missed the intro rules. Still, Fight Club was brilliant and I'd highly recommend Fight Club.

We all knew it was going to be on here somewhere.


1. Se7en (1995)


Whats in the fucking box?

Probably up there with one of my favourite film quotes of all time.