You know when you just get one of those urges to watch a film you haven't seen for a while?
Yeah.
That is me with Bridget Jone's Diary.

(Also it probably doesn't help that I am procrastinating to max about writing an essay I know nothing about...eh.)

Anyway, this film is one of my absolute favourites, I still remember it coming out when I was a lot younger, and probably being way too young to see such content.

Bridget Jones is however such a happy film to me because I love the message in it, that you don't necessarily know what form happiness and love arrive in, and that you especially don't have to feel you are undeserving of it or have to change aspects of yourself for you to be worthy of it.


Bridget Jone's is a culmination of every failure a woman has ever felt like in her life. Struggling with her love life, her appearance, her bad habits, her career and events of out of her control, she is such an identifiable character who comically shows the audience that sometimes the best moments in life can come from the biggest screw ups.

It is of course lovely to see Colin Firth and Hugh Grant on the same screen, especially when their fight scene is, in my mind, one of the funniest, british and well timed fight scene in cinematic history.



Theres just something about two men scrapping it out so badly and then having to stop and sing happy birthday halfway through that just gets me.

I was so very happy they reprised this scene in the second film.


This film is the ultimate form of chick-lit-film that makes me smile and laugh and forget I have essays due in just a few days.

It has a cast of very solid performances, the kind of quirky best friends you wish you had in real life and the cringest moments that make you realise how truly normal you really are.



I love this film and all its awkward nature!